Tronex Razor Flush Cutter - Long Handle, #7223
- Handle Length: Long (3 3/4" long).
- Tips specially hardened for extra strength.
- Cushioned handles for comfortable grip.
- Spring handle to reduce hand fatigue.
- Use on soft metals only.
- Only use the tip of the cutter to cut soft 20 gauge metal or thinner.
Benefits of Tronex Cutters:
- Durable and will last for years.
- Suede-like cushion grip offers just the right amount of cushion and comfort.
- The cutters have a nice spring to them and bounce back into position.
- Cutting edges are machine ground to make them razor sharp with perfect alignment.
- Wire cut with this cutter with be very flush with no "pinch."
- Fine set screw stop built into the handle to prevent edges from dulling.
- Tronex stands behind their products.
- Made in the USA.
- Family run reliable company.
- You can send your tool directly to Tronex and they will sharpen it, replace the grips, the washer, and the screw all for about $10! Here's the address:
2860 Cordelia Road
Fairfield, CA 94534
These pliers come in a long or short handle. Some folks like them long, some like them short. It really is a personal preference and is usually determined by the size of your hand.
Lisa (our CEO) has been working with the President of Tronex helping him test and perfect his cutters and pliers to fit the Wireworking world. His tools were primarily made for the electronics & medical fields, but he has moved into the jewelry making market. Lisa has tested these Razor Flush cutters to find their breaking point and to determine the max gauge that should be cut with them. She has cut 16 gauge Sterling and they have yet to dull. Cutting wire that is too thick for a certain cutter, shouldn't break it (unless you are cutting something harder than Silver) but it will dull it faster. That is the concern with these. They are literally like razors at the edges....they cut amazing! So I would keep these Razor Flush Cutters to 18 gauge and thinner to preserve their sharpness. If you need to cut an occasional thicker wire, just make sure to use the back of the cutter (towards the joint) to preserve that precious sharp tip. Do not use the tip to cut anything thicker than 20 gauge.
These cutters are great for fine silver fusing because to fuse you need an extra flush cut. You could cut a bit thicker with these if working with fine silver because it is so much softer.
loading the player....
I use these cutters all the time and absolutely love them. The price shouldn't scare anyone away as they are well worth it.
Love, love, love these cutters! They are the bomb. I was a little hesitant because of the price, but they are well worth it and I use them ALL the time.
What a great tool! No muss, no fuss, just perfect cuts. Great, prompt consumer service, too; I will buy from these people any time. :)
Love my Tronex - can't believe how great these are. Beautiful cut in tight places. Well worth the price.