Silver Filled Circle 7/8"(22mm) with Heart, 24g
- Diameter: 22mm (.87")
- Heart Height: 5mm (.20") Width: 7mm (.28") lower corner
- Thickness: 24g
- Matching solderable heart is SS587.
- If you solder Silver Filled, it will cause the silver to bubble a bit and result in a reticulated look.
- Hundreds of times thicker and more durable than Silver Plated.
- Silver Filled is a thick layer of .925 Sterling Silver mechanically bonded to copper.
- Silver Filled is 1/10 or 10% by silver weight.
- Can be oxidized and polished just like Sterling Silver.
- Filling or sanding is not recommended as it may expose the copper core.
- If you solder Silver Filled, it will cause the silver to bubble a bit and result in the reticulated look.
- Anyone who can wear Sterling Silver can wear Silver Filled without an allergic reaction.
- To pop any additional holes in this blank, we recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch, not the Hole Punch Plier.
- When punching with the Hole Punch Plier, you often need to file the back a bit. Filing might expose the copper core.
- With filled blanks, we recommend polishing with a Pro-Polish pad or tumbler.
- Do not use steel wool or sand paper on these blanks.
These are super cute blanks that are a great medium size. The heart cut out is a great accent. The reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because they seem to be more scratched than other blanks I get from Beaducation. These are incredibly popular for Mother's Day and I make sure I order extra because some are guaranteed to be scratched. Also, sometimes the core seems to streak through and is visible. They are so unique, though, that I still happily order them!!