Silver Solder Paste SOFT, 1/4 oz
- Product marked SS-65 (solder contains 65% silver).
- Allows for very precise application.
- Comes with convenient syringe and two dispensing tips.
- SOFT paste solder is cadmium free.
- Contains a blend of solder powder, flux and binder.
- Flow temperature is at 1325 °F (718 °Celsius).
- Use with soldering picks to apply to soldering joint.
- Numbers on syringe: lot #, weight, date paste was made.
- Store at room temperature, out of sunlight.
Do I want soft solder or hard solder?Solder comes in soft, medium or hard. This simply indicates the difference in temperature required to get the solder to flow. Soft flows at a lower temperature than medium and so on. This is important if you are going to be soldering multiple layers of metal on the same piece. You would solder with a harder (higher temp) solder the first time and a comparatively softer (lower temp) solder the second time. This will keep previous joints from re-flowing. If you only need to solder one time, you can use any level but you might as well use soft or medium to save time and fuel.
Solder Paste and Wire
loading the player....
Just started to solder. This paste (and the vid!) is a great intro. It works most of the time and---I suspect---the rest of the time is due to user error.
I gave it four stars because I have no basis for comparison to give it five. Thanks again for the step-by-step video!