The handle on these cutters is 3 3/4" long.
The head of this cutter is oval shaped rather than pointed which gives it more strength to cut heavier metals.
~ USE ON SOFT METAL ONLY.
~ This cutter can be used to cut up to a 14 gauge (for Sterling) but ONLY USE THE TIP OF THE CUTTER TO CUT SOFT 20 GAUGE OR THINNER.
This Tronex Tapered Head cutter has a razor flush edge finish. The cutting edges are machine ground to make them razor sharp with perfect alignment. Wire cut with these cutters will be very flush with almost no "pinch". They have a fine set screw stop builtinto the handle to prevent these exceptionally sharp edges from dulling themselves, even when you apply a very strong cutting force.
- Superior cutting performance with a distictive 'snap' cutting feel.
- Very durable - They will last hundreds of thousands of cuts.
- Tronex prices are lower than the competition for the best product out there.
- Suede-like cushion grip offers just the right amount of cushion and comfort.
- The pliers and cutters have a nice spring to them and bounce back into position.
- 100% manufactured in the USA
- High-grade alloy steel
- Each cutter tested individually
- You can send your tool directly to Tronex and they will sharpen it, replace the grips, the washer, and the screw all for about $10! Here's the address:
2860 Cordelia Road
Fairfield, CA 94534
Kate Richbourg uses these cutters in our Soldered Rim Pendant
I have been working with the President of Tronex helping him test and perfect his cutters and pliers (coming soon) to fit the Wireworking world. His tools are primarily made for the electronics & medical fields but he is moving into the jewelry making market. I have been testing these Razor Flush cutters to find their breaking point and to determine the max gauge that should be cut with them. I have been cutting 14 gauge Sterling and they have yet to dull. Cutting wire that is too thick for a certain cutter, shouldn't break it (unless you are cutting something harder than Silver) but it will dull it faster. That is the concern with these. They are literally like razors at the edges....they cut amazing! So I would keep these Razor Flush Cutters to 18 gauge andsmaller to preserve their sharpness. If you need to cut an occasional thicker wire, just make sure to use the back of the cutter (towards the joint) to preserve that precious sharp tip. Do not use the tip to cut anything thicker than 22 gauge.
These cutters are great for fine silver fusing because to fuse you need an extra flush cut. You could cut a bit thicker with these if working with fine silver because it is so much softer.
I am so happy with these, they get in very tight with no pinch and are very comfortable on the hand. I use them currently for wire wrapping earrings with 26, 24, and 22 gauge wire.
I love love love these pliers!