Stainless Steel, Rainbow Color Ring Stamping Blank, 6mm Wide, SIZE 8
- Width: 6mm (.24")
- Thickness: 2.1mm
- Size 8
- Sold individually.
- Polished to a high shine, mirror rainbow finish.
- Comfort fit, which means the ring is slightly rounded on the inside.
In the picture, it almost looks like the ring is slightly matte, but it's not, it's a very high shine finish (which is why it is so difficult to photograph). The matte look is just the reflection of the white paper below it.
- Colored Stainless Steel Metal Info -
- On the rainbow stainless blanks, the color will vary from piece to piece, sometimes leaning towards blues/greens, sometimes leaning towards pinks/purples/oranges. Each one is slightly different.
- Only stamp on stainless steel with stamps that specifically mention that they will work on stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is very difficult to stamp on. Tape your blank to your bench block and consider using a 2 lb hammer.
- The colored stainless stamping blanks have a very thick plating that holds up extremely well. Do not file these blanks or you will remove the color.
- To add a light color to the impressions, we recommend using this paint pen or these enamels pens.
- We highly recommend buying a few stainless steel blanks to use as practice pieces.
- Stainless steel does contain a small amount of nickel.
Adding White to Impressions Using a Paint Pen
loading the player....
So this ring is a nice one but I can only give 3 starts for the following reasons, 1)it is sized small, I bought an 8 which is my normal size and it is tight on my finger which means I do not wear it as much as I would like. 2) It feels wide on my hand when I do wear it. 3) It scratches easily. I thought that it would be more durable but the more I wear it the more scratches I see on it. I know it is from wearing it because I have yet to stamp on it. I bought several of this kind and will be stamping on them and then selling them, but is very unlikely that I will buy any more of this ring.