3.8mm Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch with Multi Pack of Swarovski Birthstone Crystals (240 pieces)
NOTE - This setter works best on very soft metals like Aluminum and Pewter. Because you have to move so much metal (and create a solid impression), it is tough to impress in harder metals, especially if they are thin.
- Swarovski crystal flat back size SS16.
- 12 packs of 20.
- 3.8mm in diameter.
- This was made to create a divot in metal for our 3.8mm flat back crystals to sit in.
- Tool is made from 1/4" square heat-treated tool steel. It will arrive with a slight coat of oil to prevent rusting. Wipe oil away with a paper towel, do not use water.
- January - Garnet (Siam)
- February - Amethyst (Amethyst)
- March - Aquamarine (Aquamarine)
- April - Diamond (Clear Crystal)
- May - Emerald (Emerald)
- June - Alexandrite (Light Amethyst)
- July - Ruby (Ruby)
- August - Peridot (Peridot)
- September - Sapphire (Sapphire)
- October - Tourmaline (Rose)
- November - Topaz (Topaz)
- December - Blue Zircon (Blue Zircon or Tanzanite)
- Setting Swarovski Flat Back Crystals into Metal -
- To set a flat back crystal into metal, use one of our Crystal Setters.
- First stamp the setter into the metal to create a divot (the 3.8mm size only indents well into soft metals like pewter or aluminum).
- Dab a little glue in the divot. We like to use Hypo Cement.
- Use a tool like the Crystal Ninja Katana or Tanto (lifesaver!) to pick up the flat back and place it in the divot.
- After gluing, let it sit for at least 12 hours before wearing.
Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch
loading the player....
I love this crystal setter. I had the 2.6mm setter and knew as soon as this was released I had to have it. It requires a couple good whacks to set deep enough, but still easy to use and really adds that pop of color to a piece.
I love the new size! Combining the three sizes or just add one big crystal to a design is awesome. I followed Lisa's recommendation to take out the crystal setter, center it again into the circle and then give it a second whack. This really does the trick.
I love these crystal setters. So easy to use. I have all the sizes. It comes with a good amount of crystals too.
I have all 3 crystal setters. It’s easier to work with the larger crystals, but I like having all three sizes because it gives me more creative freedom
We love these crystals. They just "dress up" everything.
This larger size of crystals will really pop on a design. The birthstone collection of colors that are included is wonderful! A nice third addition to my crystal setter collection.
A beautiful large crystal setter!