Aluminum Sheet Metal, 6" x 6", 14 Gauge
- Measurements: 6" x 6"
- Thickness: 14 gauge
- This sheet comes with protective film on one side (to be peeled off), but occasionally batches have film on both sides.
- This is raw sheet and may have slight imperfections that can be polished out.
- Want to cut your own discs out of this sheet? Use the Pepe Disc Cutter.
- Aluminum Metal Info -
- If the blank has a protective film, remove it before stamping.
- Requires a lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie, Gilders Paste or JAX Aluminum Blackener to darken impressions (this does not apply to anodized aluminum).
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- Something about the polishing compound in Pro Polish Pads can sometimes cause a "cloudy" look on aluminum. For this reason we recommend using a Sunshine Cloth to polish your aluminum and Rubbing Alcohol to remove any surface ink or enamel used to fill impressions.
- We recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch or the Power Punch Plier rather than hole punch pliers.
Love the thicker gauge sheet. Easy to saw your own shapes when you want a piece with a little more weight to it!