10/03/19 - This is a new version of this 3.8mm setter. The old one did not have the texture on the tip.The older version still works great! The texture is just a new added feature for this tool from here forward.
Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch for 3.8mm Flat Back Swarovski Crystals - Beaducation Original, Works Best on Very Soft Metals
- NOTE - This setter works best on very soft metals like Aluminum and Pewter. Because you have to move so much metal (and create a solid impression), it is tough to impress in harder metals, especially if they are thin.
- This was made to create a divot in metal for our 3.8mm Swarovski Flat Back Crystals to sit in.
- Strike the stamp/punch a few times with your hammer to creat the divot. This works best on thicker metals (20g and thicker).
- A Swarovski crystal can then be glued into the divot and nestled in the flat circle. This lets the edge of the crystal sit "in" the metal protecting it from getting knocked off.
- Any strong glue will work, but we like to use Hypo Cement.
- Design measures: 3.8mm across.
- Made from 1/4" square heat-treated tool steel.
- Arrives coated in oil to prevent rusting.
- Wipe oil away with paper towel. Do not use water.
- We also carry this tool in other sizes.
Flat Back Crystal Setter Punch
loading the player....
Completed my set of 3 with this one - love it!
I know it works best on aluminum and I had a little trouble with it on sterling silver. Make sure you aneal the metal first or stamp with the crystal setter before letters so it doesnt get work hardened.