*** This vendor no longer carries aluminum, so once these are sold out, we will not be restocking them (7/30/20) ***
Aluminum Scratched Practice Circle, 50.7mm (2"), 16g - *No plastic film
- 50.7mm (2")
- Thickness: 16g
- There is NO PROTECTIVE PLASTIC FILM on this blank.
- There are scratches that can be buffed out with steel wool on this blank.
- If you do not want to take the time to buff out scratches, this makes a great practice blank.
- This aluminum has a more matte finish than our 18g aluminum with film on one side.
- Sold in pack of 4.
- Aluminum Metal Info -
- If the blank has a protective film, remove it before stamping.
- Requires a lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie, Gilders Paste or JAX Aluminum Blackener to darken impressions (this does not apply to anodized aluminum).
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- Something about the polishing compound in Pro Polish Pads can sometimes cause a "cloudy" look on aluminum. For this reason we recommend using a Sunshine Cloth to polish your aluminum and Rubbing Alcohol to remove any surface ink or enamel used to fill impressions.
- We recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch or the Power Punch Plier rather than hole punch pliers.
WOW! What a great value these are. I actually think the discs look more scratched in your product photo than when you receive them. I bought these to make round Christmas ornaments and think these are perfect for this because of the size. I also finish all my ornaments with steel wool- so the scratches completely disappear!
Makes a nice practice blank for the price. And if you take some steel wool to it they come out good. Like someone else said, mine looked way better than the picture.
Great for practicing and to use for the Rita bowl. I made it a brush finish so the scratches didn't show!