Aluminum Scratched Practice Circle, 50.7mm (2"), 16g - *No plastic film
- 50.7mm (2")
- Thickness: 16g
- There is NO PROTECTIVE PLASTIC FILM on this blank.
- There are scratches that can be buffed out with steel wool on this blank.
- If you do not want to take the time to buff out scratches, this makes a great practice blank.
- This aluminum has a more matte finish than our 18g aluminum with film on one side.
- Sold in pack of 4.
- Aluminum Metal Info -
- If the blank has a protective film, remove it before stamping.
- Requires a lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie, Gilders Paste or JAX Aluminum Blackener to darken impressions (this does not apply to anodized aluminum).
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- Something about the polishing compound in Pro Polish Pads can sometimes cause a "cloudy" look on aluminum. For this reason we recommend using a Sunshine Cloth to polish your alumnumun and Rubbing Alcohol to remove any surface ink or enamel used to fill impressions.
- We recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch or the Power Punch Plier rather than hole punch pliers.
WOW! What a great value these are. I actually think the discs look more scratched in your product photo than when you receive them. I bought these to make round Christmas ornaments and think these are perfect for this because of the size. I also finish all my ornaments with steel wool- so the scratches completely disappear!
Makes a nice practice blank for the price. And if you take some steel wool to it they come out good. Like someone else said, mine looked way better than the picture.