Silver Solder Paste EXTRA EASY, 1/4 Ounce
- Product marked SS-56 (solder contains 56% silver).
- Allows for very precise application.
- Comes with convenient syringe and two dispensing tips.
- EXTRA EASY paste solder is cadmium free.
- Contains a blend of solder powder, flux and binder.
- Flow temperature is at 1205 °F (652°Celsius).
- Use with soldering picks to apply to soldering joint.
- Numbers on syringe: lot #, weight, date paste was made.
- Store at room temperature, out of sunlight.
Do I want soft solder or hard solder?Solder comes in soft, medium, hard and now extra easy. This simply indicates the difference in temperature required to get the solder to flow. Soft flows at a lower temperature than medium and so on. This is important if you are going to be soldering multiple layers of metal on the same piece. You would solder with a harder (higher temp) solder the first time and a comparatively softer (lower temp) solder the second time. This will keep previous joints from re-flowing. If you only need to solder one time, you can use any level but you might as well use soft or medium to save time and fuel.
Label your tube when it arrives for quick and easy reference.
- EXTRA EASY PASTE = 56% Silver, Flow Temp 1205 degrees F
- SOFT PASTE = 65% Silver, Flow Temp 1325 degrees F
- MEDIUM PASTE = 70% Silver, Flow Temp 1360 degrees F
- HARD PASTE = 75% Silver, Flow Temp 1450 degrees F
Solder Paste and Wire
loading the player....
I am new to soldering so it took some practice to get the hang of the torch and the solder paste. Once I figured it I was very happy with the results.
I did not have much luck using this solder, maybe with more practice with this product I will change my review, but for now 3 stars.