Safe-Mark, Black (Food Safe Pen)
- THIS PEN IS OK TO MARK SURFACES THAT COME INTO CONTACT WITH FOOD. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND USING IT ON CUTLERY THAT WILL REPEATEDLY GO INTO SOMEONE'S MOUTH.
- Food safe marker for darkening stamped impressions.
- The product comes out quite wet and thin, but dries quickly. Let it dry before buffing the excess black off of the surface. Because the product is so thin, if you try to swipe off the excess while it is still wet, you kinda scoop the product out of the impressions.
- We recommend applying a few coats. Apply, let it dry, buff off the excess, repeat a few more times.
- We tested this product and found that light hand-washing does not remove the black from the metal. When we scrubbed very hard with a hard plastic brush, the black did not fade but rather chipped out a bit.
- If you use this product on cutlery, we recommend keeping it out of the dishwasher.
- Designed for marking on food contact surfaces.
- Quick drying and great to use on metals.
- The threaded barrel cap can be screwed to the back of the marker to prevent misplacing the cap while using it.
- Does not contain any amount of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP).
- Does not contain any amount of Xylene.
- The NSF Nonfood Compounds Registration Program (a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program), has certified this product acceptable as a coating for use on food contact surfaces.
- Most of the warnings and precautionary language on the MSDS is a result of the solvents in the product formula. These solvents evaporate and leave the solid, non-hazardous marking behind.
This pen works great! I haven't tested it on actual silverware yet. But so far I'm pleased with it.
Works well on silverplate. Don't let dry too long, or it takes a lot of elbow grease to polish off the excess.