JAX Silver Blackener, 2 ounces
This product can only be shipped UPS Ground to the lower 48 contiguous states. If you have it in your cart, UPS Ground will be your only available shipping method. If you wish to ship other items in your order a different method, remove this product from your cart and place an order for it separately.
- This product creates a chemical reaction with the surface of the metal to produce a dark, black antique finish on silver. (sterling and fine silver)
- Can also be used on gold. Simply wrap a little steel wool around the end of a Q-tip to apply. It is the introduction of the steel that allows the chemical reaction to work on gold filled blanks.
- The black on your metal that results from this product should last much longer than applying a layer of ink or enamel.
- Make sure to clean the surface of your metal before applying JAX.
- Do not dilute the JAX Silver Blackener.
- Wear gloves and eye protection.
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
- JAX products never expire, however, they can deteriorate over time if not cared for properly.
- Always store JAX products at room temperature, in tightly closed containers, away from children and pets.
Here is a link to the MSDS sheet for the JAX Silver Blackener.
Click here to see more JAX products.
Instructions for use:
- Apply the solution to metal with a brush or Q-tip.
- When desired color is achieved, rinse the brush and metal piece in a baking soda bath (approx 1 part baking soda to 10 parts water).
- If you prefer to dip the metal in the solution, use a small plastic container with a lid. Pour some of the solution into the container, dip your metal until you get the desired effect. Remove the metal and wash it in the baking soda bath. Leave the solution in the new plastic container (don't pour it back into the original packaging) and label it appropriately.
- Dry and polish your metal using your polishing method of choice (Pro Polish Pads, Steel Wool etc).
- When you dispose of used JAX products, do so in an approved waste disposal facility.
Working with Jax Blackening Solutions
loading the player....
I love this product! It works beautifully on sterling and I got quicker results than I usually do with liver of sulfur. It’s clean and easy to cobtrol and clean up too. Thanks, Lisa, for finding this for us!
I love the ease of using this!!! Why didn't I get this sooner?!
Heather (Wildflower Native)
Love this product. It goes on with ease and leaves a beautiful oxidation!
can't wait to use this .. finally got this ordered, along w/some silver rings yaay.
I love this product it is much more user friendly than other oxidizing products I have used.