- Will punch through 20 gauge or thinner in soft aluminum, alchemé or pewter only.
- Will punch through 24 gauge or thinner in copper, dead soft sterling, gold filled and dead soft brass. This punch will not punch through anything thicker than 24 gauge in these metals.
- Be sure to insert your metal into the guard on the jaw before punching.
- Punches 2mm (.079") heart holes.
- Depth guard makes sure that the tool doesn't stick to your blank.
- Tool itself is 6" long.
FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING on orders $35 or more: Just use coupon code: JULY2018
This is Awesome. I hope other designs come from this. Love it.
not a fan. barely looks like a heart and worst of all it scratches the top and bottom of your metal very bad. and with the way it is made you can not put a cardstock barrier between the metal and pliers like on other hole punch pliers.
I have to admit, I was excited to get this but it is not my favorite tool to use. You have to have very thin metal to use it so it comes out looking like a heart.
I can't tell you how much I wanted this tool to work! I was so looking forward to using it. First, the package says nothing about putting the metal below the guard, so thank goodness for the guidance on your website. Try as I might, and I do have decent hand strength, I struggled to get the punch to go through a 24g copper sheet. On the third try (I gave up on the first two) I managed to punch a hole. It looked like a misshapen teardrop, and the burr on the back was enormous. Perhaps I can use this as a dimple punch, but that's about it. Very disappointing!
Too good to be true...
This tool definitely needs to be used on very thin metal in order to work.