MKR 1-5 Hammer Set by Fretz Tools.
- Maker Jewelry Tools by Fretz.
- New group of hammers trademarked by Fretz.
- Quality hammers within an artist's budget.
- Made with Fretz's signature 420 stainless steel and with polished faces.
- The handles are North American ash with the logo on the handle.
- MKR-1-5 are the same size as the other Fretz Hammers.
- The strength and durability of these hammers are similiar to the higher end Fretz line.
DIFFERENCES between the MAKER SET and the higher-end FRETZ hammers:
- MAKER heads do not have a logo on the head of the hammer so the mold was less expensive and easier to finish.
- MAKER heads are only polished on the working surfaces. The higher-end FRETZ hammers are hand finished on the entire surface and sandblasted individiually.
- MAKER wooden handles are ash wood which is far less expensive than the FRETZ higher-end paduak handles.
- MAKER handles are dipped in a hard finish while the higher-end FRETZ hammers have a hand rubbed oil finish on the paduak handles.
- The choice comes down to personal aesthetics and cost.
- You would pay $260 for these 5 higher-end FRETZ hammers! That is a difference of $116!!!!
This series includes:
Planishing Hammer - slightly rounded working end for smoothing forged metal. The other end is flat which can refine the planishing marks to smoothness.
Wide Raising Hammer - forging hammer used to draw out wire or sheet metal.
Narrow Raising Hammer - a crosspein used to sink metal into concave shapes and fit into curves where a round planishing hammer will not fit.
Large Embossing Hammer - two ball shaped ends of different sizes, used to sink shapes into cavities.
Small Embossing Hammer - two round ends to make interesting textures on smaller shapes.
*** 20% OFF SITEWIDE SALE, 10/28-10-29 ***
Good product, exactly as described. The quality is excellent. A big plus is that they are affordable, and every bit as functional as the higher priced set.