- Sparex is easy to use and long lasting.
- Safe for all types of pickling.
- Comes in a 10 oz. plastic bag.
- Used to come in a canister, but vendor changed packaging.
- New bag is safer for shipping to your home.
Learn how to work with Sparex in a safe manner as well as more about storage, disposal, protective equipment, and spill-handling procedures by clicking on the Materials Data Safety Sheet.
Sparex is a granular acid compound that removes firescale from metal after soldering.
- To use Sparex add 1/8 cup to 1 cup water in a small crock pot. Plug crock pot in on a low temperature. Sparex works when heated. Protect the area using an old cookie sheet or piece of metal.
- Use only copper tongs when touching the pickle. Do not put steel tweezers into the pickle, this will cause the pickle to become a copper plating bath. Everything inside your pickle will come out covered with a thin layer of copper.
- Place the piece of metal with firescale into the crock pot and let sit for about 5 minutes or until the piece is clean.
- Rinse well in a bowl of water with baking soda.
- Do not reuse the crock pot or any of the utensils used for pickling for food use. The crock pot is now your designated pickle pot.
Sparex Pickling Compound
loading the player....
This item does not have any reviews yet.