Aluminum Alaska State Blank, 18g
- New vendor - Blank is smaller.
- Height: 27mm (1.6")
- Width: 35mm (1.4")
- Thickness: 18g
- Matte Finish
- May have a sharp edge or two due to their detail.
- Edges can be smoothed out with light grit sandpaper, a file or just thrown in the tumbler for a spell.
- Made in the USA.
- Durable yet stamps like butter!
- Requires lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie or Gilders Paste to darken impressions.
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- We recommend using the screw-down hole punch rather than hole punch pliers.
- Sold individually.
These aluminum state shaped blanks are the cat's meow! They are very pliable and easy to get good impressions when stamping. They do need a bit of smoothing along some of the edges. BE GENTLE or use a tumbler. They seem much softer than the brass and don't work harden to the same degree. I make collages of Alaskan scenes and then patina in shades of the Northern Lights or glacier colors(yes, glaciers come in colors-not just white;~) Alaska has become the latest version of a Disney park with tourism being the only growing industry. My little creations are popular as memory charms of exciting adventures visiting the "Last Frontier."