Aluminum Solid Key, 35mm (1.38") x 15mm (.59"), 18g
- 35mm (1.38") x 15mm (.59")
- Thickness: 18g
- May have a sharp edge or two due to their detail.
- Edges can be smoothed out with light grit sandpaper, a file or just thrown in the tumbler for a spell.
- Sold in pack of 5.
- One side has a peelable plastic film to protect it from scratching.
- Aluminum Metal Info -
- If the blank has a protective film, remove it before stamping.
- Requires a lighter hammer strike.
- Does not tarnish.
- Not for soldering, but great for riveting!
- We recommend a Sharpie, Gilders Paste or JAX Aluminum Blackener to darken impressions (this does not apply to anodized aluminum).
- Silver Black and Liver of Sulfur are NOT recommended.
- Something about the polishing compound in Pro Polish Pads can sometimes cause a "cloudy" look on aluminum. For this reason we recommend using a Sunshine Cloth to polish your aluminum and Rubbing Alcohol to remove any surface ink or enamel used to fill impressions.
- We recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch or the Power Punch Plier rather than hole punch pliers.
Working with Aluminum
loading the player....
stamps very easy. very nice design
I made some keys with ease. They are so versatile, easily takes letter and design stamps.
I made a set of keychains/key holders with these, stamping short quotes/sayings on them and with a design stamp. Surprisingly, they can fit quite a bit of stamping, despite the small size and different-from-your-usual-shaped blanks. Absolutely recommend getting these! (^v^)
These are Great!
Great for stamping and riveting to leather cuffs.
Looking forward to making some gifts for first time home buyers. Excellent condition and fast shipping!