Silver Solder Paste SOFT, 1/4 oz
- Product marked SS-65 (solder contains 65% silver).
- Allows for very precise application.
- Comes with convenient syringe and two dispensing tips.
- SOFT paste solder is cadmium free.
- Contains a blend of solder powder, flux and binder.
- Flow temperature is at 1325 °F (718 °Celsius).
- Melting Point: 1240°F (671°C)
- Use with soldering picks to apply to soldering joint.
- Numbers on syringe: lot #, weight, date paste was made.
- Store at room temperature, out of sunlight.
Do I want soft solder or hard solder?Solder comes in soft, medium, hard and now extra easy. This simply indicates the difference in temperature required to get the solder to flow. Soft flows at a lower temperature than medium and so on. This is important if you are going to be soldering multiple layers of metal on the same piece. You would solder with a harder (higher temp) solder the first time and a comparatively softer (lower temp) solder the second time. This will keep previous joints from re-flowing. If you only need to solder one time, you can use any level but you might as well use soft or medium to save time and fuel.
Label your tube when it arrives for quick and easy reference.
- EXTRA EASY PASTE = 56% Silver, Flow Temp 1205 degrees F
- SOFT PASTE = 65% Silver, Flow Temp 1325 degrees F
- MEDIUM PASTE = 70% Silver, Flow Temp 1360 degrees F
- HARD PASTE = 75% Silver, Flow Temp 1450 degrees F
Solder Paste and Wire
loading the player....
BUY MORE SAVE MORE: Spend $35, Save $5; Spend $70, Save $10, Spend $100, Save $15; Spend $150, Save $25; Spend $200, Save $35; Spend $300, Save $50! April 23rd - April 26th.
Just started to solder. This paste (and the vid!) is a great intro. It works most of the time and---I suspect---the rest of the time is due to user error.
I gave it four stars because I have no basis for comparison to give it five. Thanks again for the step-by-step video!
I've used wire solder in the past, but thought I'd give paste a try, since so many of your online classes use the paste. It's much easier to apply the paste than to try to line up the wire, and I appreciated that flux is already in the paste, so I can cut out a step. I've been making a lot of stackable rings, and I found the paste much easier to use when I wanted to solder on small charms. Unfortunately the containers aren't well marked to the untrained eye, so I used your idea of making E, M, H, on the plunger tip to keep the soft, medium, hard straight! Works great!
Used this for the first time I tried soldering. Very easy to use. Perfect for beginners like me.
This was the very first solder I ever bought. It is easy to use and works great!