Tronex Angulated Flush Cutter, #5082
- Little bent tip is handy for the final cut in a wire wrapped loop or cutting apart coils.
- Tips specially hardened for extra strength.
- Cushioned handles for comfortable grip.
- Spring handle to reduce hand fatigue.
- Use on soft metals only.
- Only use the tip of the cutter to cut soft 22 gauge metal or thinner.
Benefits of Tronex Cutters:
- Durable and will last for years.
- Suede-like cushion grip offers just the right amount of cushion and comfort.
- These cutters have a nice spring to them and bounce back into position.
- Cutting edges are machine ground to make them razor sharp with perfect alignment.
- Wire cut with this cutter with be very flush with no "pinch."
- Fine set screw stop built into the handle to prevent edges from dulling.
- Tronex stands behind their products.
- Each cutter tested individually.
- Made in the USA.
- Family run reliable company.
- You can send your tool directly to Tronex and they will sharpen it, replace the grips, the washer, and the screw all for about $10! Here's the address:
2860 Cordelia Road
Fairfield, CA 94534
Lisa (our CEO) has been working with the President of Tronex helping him test and perfect his cutters and pliers to fit the Wireworking world. His tools were primarily made for the electronics & medical fields, but he has moved into the jewelry making market. Lisa has tested these Flush cutters to find their breaking point and to determine the max gauge that should be cut with them. She has cut 18 gauge Sterling and they have yet to dull. Cutting wire that is too thick for a certain cutter, shouldn't break it (unless you are cutting something harder than Silver) but it will dull it faster. That is the concern with these. They are literally like razors at the edges....they cut amazing! Keep these Flush Cutters to 20 gauge and thinner to preserve their sharpness. If you need to cut an occasional thicker wire, just make sure to use the back of the cutter (towards the joint) to preserve that precious sharp tip.
These cutters are great for fine silver fusing because to fuse you need an extra flush cut. You could cut a bit thicker with these if working with fine silver because it is so much softer.
loading the player....
BUY MORE SAVE MORE: Spend $35, Save $5; Spend $70, Save $10, Spend $100, Save $15; Spend $150, Save $25; Spend $200, Save $35; Spend $300, Save $50! April 23rd - April 26th.
This angulated flush cutter is fabulous! I get up close and into tight spaces (if necessary) with this cutter. I use it for my everyday wire wrapping and use gold fill and sterling silver half-hard wire 24 gauge and higher. My cutter is still sharp after 3 years of use. I purchased this cutter for my friends for Christmas and they love it as much as I do.