Sparex is easy to use, long lasting and safe for all types of pickling. Comes in a 10 oz. plastic jar.
Learn how to work with Sparex in a safe manner as well as more about
storage, disposal, protective equipment, and spill-handling procedures
by clicking on the Materials Data Safety Sheet
Sparex is a granular acid compound that removes firescale from metal after soldering.
- To use Sparex add 1/8 cup to 1 cup water in a small crock pot. Plug crock pot in on a low temperature. Sparex works when heated. Protect the area using an old cookie sheet or piece of metal.
- Use only copper tongs when touching the pickle. Do not put steel tweezers into the pickle, this will
cause the pickle to become a copper plating bath. Everything inside your
pickle will come out covered with a thin layer of copper.
- Place the piece of metal with firescale into the crock pot and let sit for about 5 minutes or until the piece is clean.
- Rinse well in a bowl of water with baking soda.
- Do not reuse the crock pot or any of the utensils used for pickling for food use. The crock pot is now your designated pickle pot.