Silver Solder Paste HARD, 1/4 oz
- Allows for very precise application
- Comes with a convenient 10cc syringe and two dispensing tips
- HARD paste solder is cadmium free
- Contains blend of solder powder, flux and binder
- Flow temperature is at 1450 °F (788 °Celsius)
- Use with soldering
picks to apply to soldering joint
- Numbers on syringe: lot #, weight, date paste was made
- Store at room temperature, out of sunlight
Do I want soft solder or hard solder?
Solder comes in soft, medium or hard. This simply indicates the difference in temperature required to get the solder to flow. Soft flows at a lower temperature than medium and so on. This is important if you are going to be soldering multiple layers of metal on the same piece. You would solder with a harder (higher temp) solder the first time and a comparatively softer (lower temp) solder the second time. This will keep previous joints from re-flowing. If you only need to solder one time, you can use any level but you might as well use soft or medium to save time and fuel.