Silver Filled United States Blank, 24g
- Height: 22.5mm (.88") from the top of Maine to base of Florida
- Width: 36mm (1.4") widest points
- If you solder Silver Filled, it will cause the silver to bubble a bit and result in a reticulated look.
- Raw Material
- May have a sharp edge or two due to their detail.
- Edges can be smoothed out with light grit sandpaper, a file or just thrown in the tumbler for a spell.
- Made in the USA.
To see if this blank is available in other metals, type the product's name in the search box, minus the metal, such as: Large Long Rounded Rectangle,
and all of its other metals should pop right up!
- Great for metal stamping!
- Silver Filled blanks can be oxidized and polished just as Sterling Silver.
- To finish the edges of these Silver Filled blanks, we recommend hammering the edges or tumbling your finished piece. Filling or sanding is not recommended as it may expose the copper core.
- Silver Filled is hundreds of times thicker and more durable than Silver Plated.
- Silver Filled is a thick layer of .925 Sterling Silver mechanically bonded to copper.
- Silver Filled is 1/10 or 10% by silver weight.
- Anyone who can wear Sterling Silver can wear Silver Filled without an allergic reaction.
- To pop any additional holes in this blank, we recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch, not the Hole Punch Plier. When punching with the Hole Punch Plier, you often need to file the back a bit. Filing might expose the copper core.
For stamping instructions and tips, please check out our free class "Stamping On Metal
". For some great stamping design ideas, you might like our free class "Stamped Jewelry Design Ideas