- Great for metal stamping!
- Silver Filled blanks can be oxidized and polished just as Sterling Silver.
- To finish the edges of these Silver Filled blanks, we recommend hammering the edges or tumbling your finished piece. Filling or sanding is not recommended as it may expose the copper core.
- If you solder Silver Filled, it will cause the silver to
bubble a bit and result in the reticulated look.
- Silver Filled is hundreds of times thicker and more durable than Silver Plated.
- Silver Filled is a thick layer of .925 Sterling Silver mechanically bonded to copper.
- Silver Filled is 1/10 or 10% by silver weight.
- Anyone who can wear Sterling Silver can wear Silver Filled without an allergic reaction.
- To pop any additional holes in this blank, we recommend using the Screw Down Hole Punch, not the Hole Punch Plier. When punching with the Hole Punch Plier, you often need to file the back a bit. Filing might expose the copper core.
Check out what to expect when you receive your blanks!