||1) Our FREE Online Video Class "Stamping on Metal" |
||2) A Letter Stamp Set and Stamp It Straight Tape|
- There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to picking your font.
- Browse through our fonts and decide what you would like to see on your pendants.
- Two of our most popular sets are the Economy Uppercase Block Letter and Number Set and the Lowercase Kismet Letter Set (if you're feeling a little fancy).
- Use the Stamp It Straight Tape to mark measurements indicating where each letter should be placed. The thickness of the tape makes it so easy to catch the edge of the bottom of your stamp as you drag it down. Your letters will be perfectly aligned!
||3) Bench Block|
- Check out our selection of Bench Blocks.
- Made from high quality tool steel and ground smooth.
- Ideal surface for stamping, forging or texturing.
||4) 16 oz. Hammer|
- You need a hammer which weighs at least one pound (16oz.)
- We recommend the 1lb Brass Head Mallet »
- Gives a nice dead blow with less bounce.
- Great performance when dapping or stamping.
- 2 lb Brass Head Mallet is also a great alternative, especially for those more detailed stamps.
||5) Copper Sheet Metal|
- Copper sheet is an important item for practicing your stamping.
- Check out our Copper Sheet Category.
- Do not forget this material for practice!
||6) Stamping Blanks|
- Silver Black is a hydrochloric acid and water solution that will darken your blanks immediately.
- Silver black chemically oxidizes sterling silver, brass and nickel. If stamping on gold filled the stamped design will expose the brass layer underneath the gold. The Silver black will oxidize this exposed brass and leave the gold layer unaffected.
- Permanent Black Marker will also work as a quick way to darken the stamped areas of your jewelry.
- Once you color over your stamped word, just polish away with your Pro Polish Pad.
||8) Pro Polish Pads|
- Pro Polish Pads
- Great for polishing or removing oxidation or ink from your blanks.
||9) Hole Punch Plier|
||10) Jump Rings|
- These are necessary for hanging your pendants once you have punched your hole. Check out our selection of sterling, gold filled and copper rings.
- We love oval jump rings because your finished piece will hang with a lower profile and the opening of the ring will naturally be on the side making it less likely for the pendant to slip out of the ring.
- 18 gauge jump rings are perfect for your 1.25mm punched holes.
- 16 gauge jump rings are perfect for your 1.8mm punched holes.
||Optional: Stamping on Metal Starter Kit We packaged it all up, too! Our Stamping on Metal Starter Kit has everything you need with the exception of the hammer, design stamps and pliers. If you have a household hammer, this could be the choice for you.|
||Optional: Stamped Metal Jewelry by Lisa Niven Kelly|
- For more stamping ideas, check out Lisa's bestselling book, Stamped Metal Jewelry.
- Step-by-step instructions on 10 projects!
- Learn to layer, rivet, texture and oxidize your stamped jewelry.
- Link stamped components with flat wire and wire wrapping.
- Create charms and incorporate stamped links into your beaded projects.
||Optional: Stamping on Metal DVD|
- Learn stamping on metal from the pros who started it all. Lisa Niven Kelly, Kate Richbourg and Danelle Street share their expertise with you on this comprehensive DVD.
||Optional: Design Stamps|
|Let us select the Design Stamps by adding one of our Beaducation Design Stamp Collections as you start out. |